Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Facing My Senior Year with Optimism and Anxiety

 


As I prepare to begin my final year of college, I find myself experiencing a whirlwind of emotions. On one hand, I'm filled with a sense of excitement and optimism about the future. This is the year I've been working towards, the culmination of my undergraduate studies, and the gateway to the next chapter of my life. I'm eager to tackle the challenges that lie ahead and maximize my potential in the classroom and during my practicum.

However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also feeling a fair amount of anxiety. Senior year represents a significant transition, and with that comes a certain degree of uncertainty. Will I be able to successfully balance my coursework, my practicum responsibilities, and any extracurricular activities? Am I truly prepared to put into practice everything I've learned? What if I fall short of my own high expectations?

These doubts creep in from time to time, but I'm doing my best to maintain a positive outlook. I know that I've worked hard to get to this point, and I'm determined to make the most of this final year. My practicum, in particular, has me both excited and apprehensive. It's an opportunity to apply my knowledge in a real-world setting, but I'm nervous about meeting the expectations of my supervisors and making a meaningful contribution.

Despite these anxieties, I'm choosing to focus on the optimism. I'm grateful for the chance to push myself and grow as a student and a future professional. I'm looking forward to the intellectually stimulating discussions in my classes, the chance to collaborate with my peers, and the opportunity to make a difference through my practicum work.

Most importantly, I'm committed to doing my absolute best. I may not have all the answers, but I'm going to approach each challenge with determination, resilience, and a willingness to learn. This is my chance to shine, and I'm determined not to let it slip away.

As I embark on my senior year, I know that the road ahead may not be easy, but I'm ready to embrace the journey. With a blend of optimism and a healthy dose of managed anxiety, I'm confident that I can make this my most successful and fulfilling year yet.

Love,
Jake Wheat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Louisville Pride Festival

  I will be at Louisville Pride on Saturday, September 14, 2024 from 1:57 PM - 6:30 PM at the Music City Prep Clinic booth. Louisville'...