Sunday, July 28, 2024

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Grandma.


Yesterday I was part of a group text, that group text reminded me of the reason behind my social work journey.

Instead of "taking a shot" at anyone publically, I will comment that my Senior year at Spalding University School of Social Work is about to start, and I am happy to report that I have a 4.0 currently and will start my practicum in child welfare.

There are kids who, like myself, went through abuse and neglect and now my mission is to help them.

Generational trauma, regardless of who contributes, can manifest in many areas. I no longer care contribute to the dysfunction and venom, it's pointless. Sometimes saying no, refusing to contribute to the toxicity, and removing yourself from the contagon is the best way to pave a path forward for yourself and others around you.

Children do not have to wade in your mistakes to absord the waters of  your negativity.

I will fall on the ears of people who are willing to contribute to my success, and choose to celebrate the peace that that brings. To that, my dear friends, I "toast" to you - a fond "I love you."

Thank you for being a sane part of my life.



Happy heavenly birthday Grandma. I know you have been with me on this  journey also, I can feel your spirit, the alcohol free kind. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Louisville Pride Festival

  I will be at Louisville Pride on Saturday, September 14, 2024 from 1:57 PM - 6:30 PM at the Music City Prep Clinic booth. Louisville'...